Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh what a night...December 8, 2008 part 1

As the World premiere of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button approached I held on to the hope that Madisen would get to attend (no this is not a guarantee).  Finally the week before Thanksgiving Madisen +1 is confirmed. YES! Then Madisen's new manager Mimi was able to secure a +2 so that Chris and I both could attend.  As Madisen and I were on the hunt for the perfect dress, Chris stopped by the Tux shop (this was the first black tie premiere in Hollywood in years) was fitted - done off the list.  Then Express gave Madisen two dresses and Juicy Couture sent over two dress...that was easy one of the Juicy dresses won her over hands down.  Finally, I made my selection.  Rylie and Declan would be attending dinner and limo ride with us so they were included in the attire shopping also.  Rylie new dress - check, Declan new tux - check, Nail appt - check, matching purses, shoes, and hair appt - check.  Jewelry was loaned to us by a friend Mychael Martin with Premiere Jewelry.  Thank you Mychael.  Jewelry - Check.

Madisen, Rylie and I went over to our friend Maggie's house and her hairdresser Lee came and did our hair.  Then back to get dressed and out the door for Family Pictures! Yes family pictures, it is not often that the Beaty/Clampetts get dress to the nines.  Shanley came by and took pictures, however we were running behind and only were able to take pictures out front (which worked out fine).  Thank you Shanley!!  Our friend Kris Davis and her son Darr (who with Declan was security for Madisen)
actually they came to hang out with Rylie and Declan.  (Dan took them back to our sublet during the movie and even made a stop for chocolate shakes).  Dan our limo driver waited patiently as we finished up pictures.  Off to a early dinner and then red carpet drop off at about 6:15ish.  Well, after the congestion and confusion of the arrival line we arrived closer to 6:30 pm.  

Oh my goodness the lights, the crowds and the screaming.  As we got out of the limo Michael the publicist from Paramount assigned to  Madisen met us.  We could hear screaming and yelling behind us and Madisen lean over and said "Brad's here" Sure enough Cate, Brad and Angelina had arrived about the same time we did.  Michael recommended Madisen wait and let Brad and Cate walk the red carpet first.  The best part is during this whole time Kris Davis had gotten out of the limo with Rylie, Declan and Darr with us and security gave them a spot right up beside the red carpet where they were able to watch the whole time.  It meant a lot for them to be included as much as possible in this evening.

Red Carpet time...Michael suggested Chris and I follow and stay off to the side with him (oh my goodness - I'm on the red carpet with Brad and Angelina!).  Madisen went in to action and I must admit as her mother I'm still in awe of her grace and confidence.  There must have been over 100 photographers/interviewers all hoping for the perfect picture or quick interview on the horseshoe shaped red carpet.  Up one side for photographers and down the other side with interviewers from around the world.  Eva Longoria was on one side and looked right at Chris and said "Hi" with a big smile. I was teasing him that she was checking him out and he agreed with a big smile.  Brad, Angelina, Cate, Tilda Swinton, Taraji P. Henson, Sharon Stone, Eva and our Madisen.  This is one my favorite pictures (Kris took it from the sidelines) it captures us watching Madisen on her red carpet walk and I don't think Kris needed the flash with the proud glow radiating from Chris and I.

Time to move inside, it's almost 7:00 the movie is about to start. (I know long post - the night is only beginning).  We had assigned seats great location right in the middle.  Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin were behind us.  T.R. Knight (Grey's Anatomy), Masi Oka (Hero's), Doris Roberts (Everyone Loves Raymond), around us.  So many familiar faces but I didn't think it was proper to whip out my cell phone to check IMDB.  The lights are flicker, OK everyone take your seat...Ladies and Gentlemen Mr. Steven Spielberg.  OH my goodness Steven Spielberg - I'm in the same room as Steven Spielberg.  I was thinking 'Excuse Mr. Spielberg this is my daughter Madisen Beaty' as he was saying "how much the entertainment industry has evolved over the years" then he introduced the The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

For the next 2 hours and 45 mins with our beautiful and talented daughter Madisen between us, I was sitting with my wonderful of husband of almost 20 years, enjoying a epic film about life, death, love, time and how people that come in to our lives may not stay long but will impact who you are more then you realize. It was a time when we forgot who was around us, other then the occasion sniffles we heard.  The only think that would have made it better was to have Rylie and Declan beside us so we could share this as a family.  It was a special night and there was more to come...




No comments: